Vanguard
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Vanguard

Vanguard

AccueilAccueil  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
Le Deal du moment : -55%
Coffret d’outils – STANLEY – ...
Voir le deal
21.99 €

Server merge inc

2 participants
AuteurMessage
Obside
Monsieur Boulet !
Obside

Server merge inc Empty
MessageSujet: Server merge inc   Server merge inc Icon_minitimeDim 3 Juin - 2:30

"Introduction to David Gilbertson

It’s been a crazy couple of weeks here at Vanguard as we get integrated into the SOE family. As you can probably imagine, it can get a little hectic as we get everyone set-up with email along with getting offices, cubicles, and computers moved around. I had hoped to get this letter of introduction out to you sooner, but between integration fun and a bout with the stomach flu it took me a little longer than I expected. So here I am. My name is David Gilbertson and I am a recovering crunch-aholic. I’ve been working on Vanguard since the beginning, some 5+ years ago. I’ve had my hand in most aspects of Vanguard with most of my later time spent producing. I’m looking forward to continuing working with Vanguard and our team as the producer and Director of Development with SOE.

The integration process is ongoing, so please have a little patience with us as we get everything up and rolling. We haven’t forgotten about you! We released an update last week and we are working on another update this week to fix some exploits. While we are working on a Game Update for the upcoming weeks, we are mainly focusing on bug fixes and polish. We have come a long, long way since release, but we know we have a ways to go still.

One of the first things on the list is planning out the best way to merge servers. We should have an announcement in the next few weeks on what the plan is. You, our players, have been asking for it and it's needed. The world of Telon needs be a healthy a place with plenty of players to group, trade and adventure with. That’s our number one priority.

We are also working on improving performance across the board. Programming is working on optimizations while Art is optimizing all the NPC humanoids. When the latter is completed, you should see a significant boost in performance whenever you see NPC’s. The Design department is fixing bugs as fast as they can in addition to adding Raid content to the game.

In the not so distant past, our communication to you certainly wasn’t the best. Going forward that will change, I will do my best to level with you and set realistic expectations.

So, I want to say thank you on behalf of the Vanguard team and SOE, for your patience and for being a part of the Vanguard Community. We are excited about the new possibilities and we hope you will join us for the upcoming adventures. I know I’m looking forward to it.

David Gilbertson aka Hasium

David "Hasium" Gilbertson
Director of Development
Vanguard: Saga of Heroes"
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Arale
Admin
Arale

Server merge inc Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Server merge inc   Server merge inc Icon_minitimeLun 4 Juin - 8:13

Salut Obs,

J'ai déplacé ce post, qui était placé dans la bibliothèque, ici. La biblio est un recueil des différents liens concernant le jeu lui-même (patch notes, liens vers des bdd, etc).
Ton post parle plus de l'actualité du jeu à mon avis, c'est pourquoi je l'ai déplacé.

De plus, si tu pouvais rajouter : "Lettre du nouveau producteur" ou un truc du genre dans ton sujet, cela serait plus simple pour le retrouver ou tout simplement, pour savoir ce dont le post parle.

Merci, Arale
https://vanguard.1fr1.net
Obside
Monsieur Boulet !
Obside

Server merge inc Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Server merge inc   Server merge inc Icon_minitimeJeu 14 Juin - 0:34

Here are the details on the server merge. We don’t have a firm date as we are still getting all the back-end details worked out. The intent is to have them done within the next three weeks. We will announce a date as soon as we have it.

Please feel free to comment as I know you will. I will try and clear up questions as they arise. I realize that not everyone will be happy with all of the decisions, but I’m open to suggestions if someone presents a better idea and it’s something that is feasible for us to implement in time.

Servers

There will be 2 US PVE, 1 EU PVE, and 1 US PVP server.
Thunderaxe, Woefeather, and Gulgrethor would merge into server A PVE
Targonor, Hilsbury, and Shidreth would merge into sever B PVE
Tharridon, Varking, Flamehammer and Frengrot would merge into sever C PVP FFA
Gelenia and Infineum would merge into server D EU PVE
For Florendyl we will be soliciting feedback via a poll and discussion as to whether or not the players think it should be merged.
We are open to considering the option of leaving it up with the understanding that the population is way under what it needs to be to be healthy but we wouldn’t recommend it.

All existing servers will go away and everyone will be moved to new servers.
We will post a poll so you can vote on the new server names.
PVP players will be able to move to PVP OR PVE servers.
PVE players will only be able to move to PVE servers.
PVP rule set will be FFA.

Characters that have not chosen a server will be moved based on popularity of servers.

US characters moved this way will be on a US server.
EU players moved will be on an EU server.
PVP players will be moved to the new PVP server.
Each character will get one free server move after the merge.

Character Naming
Characters name priority is based on
First created, if also played within the last 30 days
Last Played
Those characters that have name collisions will be marked, and upon next login will have to choose a new name before that character can log in.

Housing
The price for the player’s plot is refunded to the player in coin.
The resources used to generate the house are refunded to the player via the housing resource escrow.
The current upkeep balance will be refunded to the character
Fixtures and items in the house will be placed in the escrow.

Boats
Boats will be marked as needing to be named.

VGPlayers issues
We are still working out the specifics on this.

Corpses left in the world
All corpses will go away.
Any items left on corpses will go to your escrow account.
Exp on the corpse will be returned to you.

Mail
Any pending mail will be returned to sender.

Friends list

Guild names

Market items
Items in the market will be returned via mail.

One to Two weeks prior to the consolidation, players will be able to type a slash command (MOVESERVER) that will select what server they want that character to reside on.
Contenu sponsorisé

Server merge inc Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Server merge inc   Server merge inc Icon_minitime

Server merge inc
Page 1 sur 1